Though it’s generally his guitar that does the talking, it’s worth listening to musician Carlos Santana when he says, “There is no greater reward than working from your heart, and making a difference in the world.” These words especially resonate with Allcargo Group’s culture of care, which finds expression in the initiatives of its CSR arm, Avashya Foundation.
Right since its inception, Avashya Foundation has been creating tangible impact in its core areas of Education, Environment, Health, Women Empowerment, Disaster Relief, and Sports. The activities are in alignment with United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals and with Indian initiatives like Swachch Bharat, Digital India, and Skill India, among others. Till date over 400,000 lives have been positively impacted through these interventions.
2023 – a year of impact
During the year, some new initiatives were started, others were strengthened, while milestones were achieved in some. Here are the key highlights of 2023.
- 1 millionth tree planted
- Beach clean-up drive conducted at Carter Road, Mumbai, and Pirwadi Beach, Uran
- Seed distribution of fruit-bearing trees to farmers in tribal areas
- Road safety projects and workshops in Karnataka, Telangana, and Tamil Nadu
- Health and eye check camps and blood donation drives at various locations in India
- Skill training through NIPUN and Allcargo Skill Development Center to empower the youth
- Social awareness program against drug abuse in collaboration with Narcotics Control Bureau, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
- World Environment Day celebrated with tree plantation, clean-up drives and other activities conducted by team members all over the world
- Enhancing access to medical care and distribution of medicines under the Jeevan and Jeevan Coping with Cancer initiatives
- 6000 books, benefiting 1417 students, distributed in 12 Zilla Parishad schools as part of the School Library Program
- Launch of the Allcargo Digital Literacy Mission to equip digital literacy labs with computers across schools and colleges in Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, and Gujarat
- Association with Inga Health Foundation to support children from economically backward families affected by facial and skull deformities
- Support provided to promising sportspersons like Ruhaan Alva, Avani Prashanth, Pranavi Urs, Sneha Singh, in addition to collaborating with Olympic Gold Quest, an NGO that enables athletes to win more medals and make the nation proud
- Collaboration with Shri Satya Sai Sanjivani Hospital to provide support for life-saving surgery and addressing Congenital Heart Disease (CHD), a common defect at birth in India
- Participation of team members in marathon runs in India and France, to support the causes of Health and Education
- Presence and participation at the Mumbai Sustainability Summit in 2023, held to bring forth global ideas and thought leadership and foster interactions between key stakeholders to address environmental crises
Awards and accolades, an inspiration to continue spreading hope
Over the past year, Avashya Foundation has been recognized for its relentless commitment to make a difference to people’s lives and contribute to a better world.
The Maitree Project received the CSR Award at the 12th edition of World CSR Day held in Mumbai, in February 2023. This project helps conserve the environment and creates sustainable livelihood for 15,000 farmers. At the 2nd Edition of the Sustainability Summit and Awards 2023, organised by UBF Forums and held in Bengaluru, in September 2023, the Maitree project was recognised with the “Sustainable Best Initiative of the Year 2023” award.
The Jeevan and Jeevan Coping with Cancer initiatives were recognised at the 7th edition of the Corporate Social Responsibility Awards, 2023.
These achievements reflect Avashya Foundation’s dedication to making a positive impact on the environment and community, while also living by Allcargo Group’s core values.
Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam – the world is one family
As an organisation that is deeply conscious about its responsibility to the people and planet, Allcargo Group’s approach of going beyond profits is testimony to its belief in the philosophy of ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ or ‘the world is one family’.
It is endeavours such as these, which go a long way in fostering hope, harmony, equity, and a better life for all.