As the new normal environment accelerates the pace of digitalization like never before, quick and easy-to-use apps catering to a variety of customer needs right from shopping to entertainment, communication and transportation are setting new benchmarks and customer expectations. With ‘on-demand’ experiences becoming the order of the day, even logistics service providers are directing their digitalization initiatives towards ‘on-demand’ shipping experiences.
Logistics being a fairly complicated business function, creating an ‘on-demand’ customer experience can be quite a challenge. Nevertheless, global logistics leaders like ECU Worldwide seem to have stepped up and risen to the challenge with their renewed thrust towards adopting digital technology and tools.
With ECU360 v2.0, ECU Worldwide offers a state-of-the-art digital platform built around users’ core requirements and focusing on ease of use and intuitive navigation to bring simplicity to global cargo shipping transactions.
Do we really need ‘on-demand’ global cargo transportation?
ECU360 v2.0’s on-demand shipping experience
When it comes to empowering customers with an on-demand experience, quick, easy transactions are the key to success. Here’s how ECU360 v2.0 makes it possible with five key elements.
- Constant Access: The most important element of an on-demand experience is the power to let customers transact, whenever they want to, from wherever they are in just a few clicks. And ECU360 v2.0 gives customers the power to conduct business 24×7, at their own preference and convenience.
- End-to-end Solution: With ECU360 v2.0, customers get the advantage of door-to-door delivery rates for over 40 countries, which improve transparency and access to tariffs by subverting the industry tradition of port-to-port quotations. So customers can book end-to-end cargo transportation, right up to the doorstep, without needing to reach out to multiple vendors with back and forth emails.
- Information Availability: Right from shipping schedules available up to six weeks in advance to details of past transactions, invoices, Shipping Instructions and Track & Trace, ECU360 v2.0 offers simple navigation and uncomplicated access to all the necessary information that customers might need to conduct cargo shipment bookings aligned to their business supply chain requirements.
- Quick, Simple Transactions: By eliminating the need for multiple emails and ensuring a faster TAT for quotations, sailing schedules, freight invoices and other shipping documentation, ECU360 v2.0 helps enhance coordination between offices in over 160 countries. Moreover, a host of API/EDP solutions make the platform flexible for easy integrations with shipping lines, thus enabling a seamless experience for customers.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: For regular, repeat shipping transactions, ECU360 v2.0 offers the facility to easily create Shipping Templates and save them for future use. This helps customers to complete bookings in less than 30 seconds and save on time and costs. With the routine, mundane activities taken care of, customers can use the time on hand to focus on growing and expanding their business.
What lies ahead?
With a revamped engine in the form of a new underlying codebase, ECU360 v2.0 enables users with faster load times and improved platform stability. An improved navigation system has enhanced the overall User Experience (UX) to accompany its cleaner, more modern and visually aesthetic User Interface (UI).
Several in-house teams are dedicated to continuously iterating ECU360 using customer and salesperson feedback with several more user-centric features such as chatbot support and mobile functionality to be rolled out in the near future.
As the industry takes forward strides into digitalization, ECU Worldwide remains committed to being a frontrunner, tapping into diverse resources for innovative solutions and looking ahead to optimise business operations and processes even further by exploring new-age technologies like blockchain, robotic automation, and more.